What is Focus First?
Fort Worth is growing and we want FUMC to match that pace. How can we prepare to capitalize on that growth? Where are our challenges?
To answer these questions and meet the challenges of our coming era of growth throughout our city, we’re entering into a special process called Focus First. Here’s a quick overview of this exciting process and how it will work:
- Focus First is a church-led process designed to Gather, Organize, Listen, and Discern the answers to empower our church membership to develop this growth strategy together.
- Focus First is a constructive process of sharing what we love about our church and how God uses our church to impact the world. To do this, Focus First asks the questions, “Who are we? Who is our neighbor? What is God calling us to do now?”
- Over the next few months, our church will be gathering specific information through community research, a congregational survey, and a series of Focus Groups. The survey and Focus Groups are your chance to help guide the future of our church.
- By participating in Focus First, you can help our church achieve its God-given purpose in Ft. Worth. It’s very important that as many people as possible — from all of our worshipping communities — participate in Focus First.
- Focus First is organized by a six-member coordinating committee made up of a diverse group of FUMCFW members. This committee’s role is to organize the process and the information gathered so that input from the church community as a whole can determine our plans for the future.
- A Spring Leadership Summit will use that feedback to create goals for the near-term future. The project will be completed by June 2018.
Contact: Rev. Lance Marshall | firstname.lastname@example.org
To make this process truly congregation-led, we’d love to hear the opinions of every member of our faith community in this two-step feedback process. Please begin today by taking the congregational survey online or in print (available in the Welcome Center and Main Office) and signing up for the Focus Group that best fits your schedule. There are four Focus Group opportunities to choose from: October 8 from 12:30 – 2:30 pm; October 11 from 6:30 – 8:30 pm; October 15 from 12:30 – 2:30 pm; and October 18 from 6:30 – 8:30 pm. Use the form below to sign up for a Focus Group now! While you don’t have to sign up in order to attend a Focus Group, signing up online or in the Main Office will help us to know how many people to plan for in each session. We look forward to hearing your thoughts, hopes, and dreams for our church’s future!
We are excited to announce that the time has come to officially begin the congregational participation portion of our Focus First church-led planning process designed to Gather, Organize, Listen, and Discern our growth strategy together by asking the questions, “Who are we?
Guest Blogger: Nancy Tully
Meet Nancy Tully (if you don’t know her already). Nancy is a former FUMCFW staffer who served as Director of Outreach Ministries, developed the Kenya Orphan Project, and led several trips to Kenya.
NEWS FLASH: Our church might be in a “parallel process” of sorts with the NFL (especially the Dallas Cowboys). Surely some of you noticed the drama that grew over the last weekend.
Guest Blogger: Danica Knight
This is the first in a series of Q&A interviews with our six-member Focus First steering committee tasked with gathering and organizing the feedback provided by our congregation via the survey and Focus Groups brought to us by our consultant, Susan Beaumont.
- Page 1
- Page 2